Do you want to know a secret? Chili’s is one of my favorite restaurants in the whole world! It isn’t really a secret to my friends and family but If someone asked me where I’d like to go eat it would probably be my top choice. And, one of my very favorite things to eat at Chili’s is their Chili’s Skillet Queso. It is so creamy and cheesy and decadent. I can never quite figure out how it is made. Amazingly while browsing Pinterest one day I happened across a copycat recipe.
I was pretty excited that none of the ingredients are super crazy. They are things that a lot of people would have on hand anyway. I had to run to the store to get the Hormel Chili and the lime juice (this could probably be left out in a pinch) but everything else I pretty much had ready to go.
I whipped it all together in a melty cheesy yummy mix and Kenny and I were ready to chow!
Here is the recipe if you’d like to try it out yourself:
- Cut the Velveeta into cubes
- Combine the cheese with the remaining ingredients in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir constantly until the cheese melts and all ingredients have been incorporated. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve with Tortilla Chips for dipping
- Enjoy!!Let me know if you try it out and how you like it.
recipe via www.littlebgcg.com
image via www.copykat.com