One of the great things about starting up this blog has been the opportunity to get comments from other people and the comments are great, but the neat thing is seeing their blogs and getting ideas about places to go, projects, photography, etc. It is a neat community to be a part of. We got this post idea from Here’s The Scoop. We changed some of the categories from A to Z, but the idea remained the same. It seemed like a fun way to let people who read our blog get to know more about us.
For those who might be wondering, the blue answers below are Kenny’s and the pink ones are Karens, black is a shared answer. Hope you enjoy!
- Hmmm, we’re not sure, we’ve narrowed it down to three different places- a Western loop to the National Parks of Southern Utah and The Grand Canyon, a Midwestern Jaunt up to Chicago and Minneapolis or a Southeastern trip through New Orleans and the Gulf Coast.
B is for the last item I Bought
- I just did a blitz on amazon and bought several things, from a baby bathtub all the way to a soccer coaching book and a few things in between.
- To be honest it was probably food. With a new baby I don’t have as much time to cook as I used to.
C is for a Charity project that we sponsor
- We sponsor an awesome little boy named Angel through Compassion International. It is a wonderful program and you should check it out and get involved too.
D is for Donuts…mmmhhhhh Donuts – sorry I got a little distracted there, where was I
E is for our next big Event
- Starting the new school year
- Trying to get in shape after having a baby
F is for my favorite Fruit
- I love me some watermelon
- My favorite has to be Strawberries, especially fresh picked in California
G is for our favorite Game that we like to play
- Man, there are a lot of games that we like to play but my favorite right now would have to be ‘Ticket to Ride’
- Some close friends introduced us to Wahoo and it is my go to favorite right now
H is for our next major Home project
- Finishing the great room, we need to get it done before M starts crawling
- Getting things organized, I always want a place for everything and every thing in its place (ha that will be the day!)
I is for our Ideal day
- A perfect day would be spent on vacation but since I’m talking about a regular day, wake up early enough to exercise, have a good day at work, come home to a happy wife and baby (and they are most of the time), have a wonderful home cooked meal, have a blog post ready to go, enjoy a little family time maybe go for a walk and get a good nights sleep.
- I love a lazy Saturday with no plans, sleeping in a little bit, having a yummy breakfast of pancakes or bacon and eggs and spending the whole day doing fun stuff with my sweeties, Kenny and M
J is for our favorite Junk food
- Sweetarts, which I haven’t had in a while and I really want
- Hmmm, I go back and forth between sweet and savory but a snickers bar is probably my number one choice
K is for our last random act of Kindness
- An older gentleman was struggling with the Redbox movie dispenser, he was swiping his credit card the wrong way. I stepped up to help and got him the movie he was wanting to rent for his grandchild.
- I think the last kind thing I did was to let someone go ahead of me in line at the grocery store. They looked in a hurry and I didn’t mind waiting.
L is for the last thing that made us Laugh so much tears came to our eyes
- I’m somehow on a Phineas and Ferb kick, I had heard of the cartoon but I had never seen an episode, but now I know the way of the Platypus and it made me laugh and laugh, I guess it had been a long day.
- Oh goodness, Kenny and M make me laugh all the time!
M is for a Movie that is a guilty pleasure
- Spies like us – it’s just stupid funny but if I see it on television I just have to watch it.
- Beverly Hills Troop – I don’t even know why but it is just girly and good
N is for the Number of songs on our ipod
O is for our Occupation
- I am an 8th grade US History Teacher, AP Geography Teacher, Cross Country and Soccer Coach and Daddy (but I do that for free).
- I do accounting and book keeping for two different businesses, it is a blessing that I am working from home right now because it allows me to do my favorite job…Mommy
P is for our favorite Pizza place
- Via’s Pizzeria in Topeka Kansas (full disclosure- it is my brothers restaurant, but it actually is the best!)
- I agree, you can’t beat Via’s
Q is one of our favorite Quotes
- “He that can have patience can have what he will.” - Benjamin Franklin
- ”Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm” – Emerson
R is for our favorite Recreational activity
- Snorkeling is my favorite recreational activity, but since I am 3000 miles away from the nearest place to snorkel I would have to go with hiking/walking.
- I like bike riding whenever we have the chance
S is for our favorite Sport
- Growing up Basketball was my sport of choice, but since college Soccer has become number one for me
- I like College Basketball, especially March Madness!
T is for our favorite Television show of all time
- Seinfeld is my favorite of all time, but my favorite modern sitcom is The Big Bang Theory (yes, I’m a bit of a geek)
- I don’t think any show can ever beat Frasier, I love intelligent humor
U is something Unique about us
- I can shake my hips like a hula dancer
- I can roll my tongue into THREE loops
V is for our favorite Vacation we’ve been on together
- Our fourteen day trek through Yellowstone, The Tetons, Utah and Colorado
- It would be hard to beat that very first vacation to Oahu, it was pretty special, but we have been on many memorable ones
W is for our favorite Workout
- Playing soccer is quite a workout, especially when you are running up and down the field.
- Walking and Swimming are both fun for me, I also used be known to do some weight training
X is an X-ray we have had
- A chest ex-ray when I was in High School playing Baseball. I was running for a spectacular catch and the field was much smaller than I thought, I ran smack dab into the wall. Luckily no cracked ribs, just a bruised lung, I try to forget it.
- When I was four I was spinning in the living room with my older sister. I fell down right on top of my arm and had to have it ex-rayed. Yep it was fractured and got put in a tiny tiny cast.
Y is for our favorite Yule Tide tradition
- Christmas Stockings, nothing is better than waking up Christmas morning and opening up that stocking from Santa.
- I’ve been enjoying seeing a Christmas show with Kenny every year, A Christmas Carol in Kansas City, The Nutcracker Ballet, Christmas at the Pops, they are all amazing.
Z is for our favorite Zoo that we have been to
- The Omaha Zoo which we don’t have a review for yet because we went there before we were even thinking about this blog. Hopefully we’ll be back there soon.
- I LOVE The Memphis Zoo. It has several new, fresh, exciting exhibits and they are one of only four zoos in The United States that has Panda Bears.